Travel from Athens to Amorgos
Participants of the YPERIA Convention may have their trip from Athens organized by Aegialis Tours, a department of Aegialis Hotel & Spa.
We suggest that participants should arrive one day earlier in Athens or book a flight arriving before 14.00 so that they be at the port on time – ferries leave at 17.30.
There is one daily connection to Amorgos Island (except on Saturday during winter) from Piraeus port, Athens.
Ferries dock alternately at the two ports of Amorgos Island: Katapola and Aegiali.
The program of YPERIA is always structured in such a way that participants can arrive in Aegiali port, the one closest to the hotel.
The journey from Piraeus port to Amorgos Island lasts 8 hours. You can book your ferry tickets via the Festival with a 30% discount. The cost per ticket for roundtrip will be:
- Economy Class: 58,40€
- Aircraft Seats: 65,40€
- Business Class: 78€
- Cabin lux single outside: 106,70€
- Cabin lux double bed outside: 129,10€
Please note: Arrival time at 02:00 am – Departure time at 06:55 am. Transfer from/to the hotel is provided by the Festival.
All options for your transfer from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos to the port of Piraeus:
- Private transfer: on request.
- Bus: Express bus X96 leaves every 20 minutes during the day and every 40 minutes at night from the Airport’s Arrivals Level (between Doors 4 and 5) to “Karaiskaki Square” in Piraeus, right outside the ferry harbor. The ticket costs 5.00€. The trip takes from about 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half.
- Metro: The subway will take you from the airport to the terminal, at Monastiraki station. There you will change to line 1 (green line). The end of line 1 is Piraeus station, just outside the entrance to the ferry harbor. The journey time from Athens International Airport to the harbor of Piraeus is about one hour. Trains are every half an hour (:00 and :30) with the first one leaving the airport at 05:30 and the last one at 23:30.
- Taxi: You can book a taxi online before your arrival. This is the most hassle-free way as the driver will be waiting for you upon your arrival and you won’t have to wait for a taxi on busy days – duration 45 to 60 minutes, price with reservation: 57€.
From Naxos to Amorgos
There is daily flight connection from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos to Naxos National airport. Current timetable (subject to changes): Departure at 09:00 – Arrival at 09:45 (Olympic Air). Please double-check.
You may take a taxi outside of the Airport of Naxos Island to Chora (also known as Naxos Town), about 1km away. The ferry trip from Naxos to Amorgos – one or two daily connections – will last 2 to 5 hours.