Rules & Regulations
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR ENTRIES
The Rules and Regulations are issued in English and Greek. In case of doubt the English version will be valid.
Please fill in the entry form very carefully. These details provided will be used for certificates and other festival listings. Once the entry form has been submitted, any changes are not possible.
Films taking part in the Festival Competition should meet the following requirements:
- Film production has to be completed after January 1st, 2016 (inclusive).
- The total duration of the film cannot exceed the respective duration according to the Production Type;
- The films should be in their original language with English Subtitles, if the original language is not English.
- Applicants should fill in all the required fields of the entry form and sign it.
COMPETITIONS AND SECTIONS
Amorgos Tourism Film Festival accepts films for the two Competitive Sections:
TOURFILM Section: For films related with Tourism Communication and Promotion. This section has two competitions: National and International:
- National Competition: Amorgos Tourism Film Festival presents the National Awards for The Best Greek Tourism Films & Videos. This competitions is open to all Greek companies, nonprofit institutions, Municipalities, National, Regional and Local Tourism Organizations, Advertising agencies, independent filmmakers, etc. who have a film related with Greek destinations and Tourism products.
That competition is also open for foreign producers or filmmakers that have films related to Greece.
- International Competition: Is a WorldWide competition for Tourism and Travel Films and Videos.
DOC Section: Dedicated to the Documentaries and TV Programs related to thematics that induced Tourism or Tourism Products.
Each Competitive Section has different thematic categories. Choose the Best according the objectives of your Film or DOC.
Thematic Categories Accepted:
- TOURFILM Section:
- Tourism Destinations (city, region, country)
- Sports Tourism
- Events, Fairs and Congress
- Nature and Rural Tourism
- Religious Tourism & Pilgrimage
- Cultural Tourism
- Adventure Tourism
- Hotels and Resorts
- Gastronomic Tourism
- DOC Section:
- Sports & Recreation
- Environment & Ecology
- Ethnography & Society
- History & Heritage
- Gastronomy & Enotourism
- Adventure, Expeditions & Travelling
- Nature & Wildlife
- Arts, Music & Culture
- Sustainable and Responsible Tourism
All entry forms should reach the organizers no later than July 31st 2018.
Films and documents are to be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Each submission must be accompanied by:
- The entry form completed, signed and sealed by both the producer(s) and the director.
- Director’s photo (jpeg or tiff formats).
- Promotional material of the film (photos, posters, trailer, etc.)
FORMATS & SENDINGS
Please certify to send all requested materials for each of the films entered. The films enrolled in the Amorgos Festival must have at least the following or similar requirements:
- Full HD (1920x1080 pixels), 16: 9
- HD (1080x720 pixels), 16: 9
- PAL (720x576), 4: 3
- Video codec: H.264
- Audio codec: AAC
- No copy protection + no loop
- Delete all region and security codes.
Films must be sent digitally via email to: [email protected]
To send the films you can use one of the following file transfer platforms:
- Wetransfer - https://www.wetransfer.com (Files up to 2 GB)
- My Air Bridge - https://www.myairbridge.com (Files over 2GB)
- Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/
COPYRIGHT AND BROADCAST RIGHTS
By entering a festival entry the entrant declares, that he is entitled to dispose of all rights to the use of the entry and vouches for these rights vis-a-vis the festival. The entrant warrants that the rights of use held by all authors, owners of ancillary copyrights and other parties involved in the production of the festival entry, except for the rights safeguarded by the performing rights societies, have been acquired in a due and proper manner and the exploitation of the festival entry is not barred by personality rights or other third party rights in any manner whatsoever.
The Festival has the right to reject any material that does not align with the character and objectives of its program.
All submitted films, entry forms and promotional material become the property of the Festival and are kept in the Festival’s archive.
The “Amorgos Film Festival” reserves the right to screen all the films submitted, specifically the right to present and demonstrate the film in public either in whole or in part or to use the entry in part on a "Festival Reel" or similar, to the festival. This also applies to stills/images provided to the festival. All aforementioned transfers of use shall be of worldwide validity.
The films to be awarded are selected by the International Jury on the basis of the Following criteria’s:
- Technical Quality
- Artistic Quality
- Appropriate to the Goals/target Group
Each criteria is evaluated on a scale of 1 to 10 points.
The jury may select additional entries for special recognition. Decisions of the jury and the festival Organization are final and not subject to any legal appeal.
The jury will decide to attribute awards to the best films of the competitions.
1st and 2nd Prize can be awarded in each category.
The jury can select awards for the Production and Arts.
The Grand Prix (Best Film of The Festival) is selected among the 1st Prize Winners.
Duplicate trophies and diplomas can of course be ordered and purchased any time.
Winners who cannot attend the festival and wish to receive their trophy after the festival, they must inform the organization and make a payment of 50 € for the processing costs and pay the respective shipping costs.
EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- The Artistic Director of the Festival reserves the right to determine the Festival's program and make changes if necessary.
- The Organizing Committee decides and is responsible for the film screening schedule (day and hour) during the Festival.
- The festival reserves the right to reclassify festival entries into other categories where this is deemed appropriate.
- The festival does not accept any responsibility for festival entries which are classified in the wrong category or arrive at the festival office subsequent to the deadline specified.
- The festival's liability is confined to intent or grossly negligent conduct, which applies specifically in the event of loss or damage of an entry.
- The festival organization does not accept any responsibility for the cancellation of the festival due to force majeure.
ACCEPTANCE OF REGULATIONS
- The use of any recording device in the Festival venue without the prior consent of the Organizing Committee is strictly forbidden.
- Parts of the event will be recorded. The Organizing Committee is not liable for any claims resulting from members of the audience or artists appearing in the recordings.
- The festival reserves the right to compile entries on a "Festival Reel" or similar, also in processed form, and to distribute same on a medium deemed appropriate by the festival. This also applies to stills/images provided to the festival.
- Submission of the entry form to the International Short Tour Film Festival implies unconditional acceptance of the present regulations.
- The festival reserves the right to use all recordings taken at the festival for any promotional purpose in any medium deemed appropriate by the festival.
- The festival reserves the right to exclude entries from the competition.
- The festival will not sell or rent personal data provided by you.
- By entering a festival entry the entrant accepts all Rules and Regulations and also agrees to hold the festival harmless against all costs or claims of third parties arising from any such use by the festival or from false information by the entrant.