Press Release – 2014
The Cultural Association of Tholaria – Amorgos and Aegialis Hotel & Spa are pleased to announce that the 12th International Convention on Tourism & Culture, YPERIA 2014 took place successfully from Thursday 10th to Tuesday 15th of April.
Thirty eight participants from 10 different countries (Canada, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Poland, Spain, Russia, United Kingdom and United States) came to Amorgos to discover the island and promote it through newspapers, documentaries, TV programs, film festivals and guides but also to initiate new projects based in Amorgos Island.
The event was under the auspices and sponsorship of E.O.T and the Ministry of Mercantile and Aegean.
Title of this year’s convention: “THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE FINANCIAL CRISIS FOR GREECE”.
Sub Topics will be:
- Moving out of the cities to the small islands
- Contact with nature and environmental awareness
- Agriculture and farming development
- Return to traditional values and virtues, customs, religion and music
- Social cohesion, improvement of social relationships
- 5th International Short Tourism Film Festival of Amorgos, in cooperation with the Cinematographic Club of Amorgos
YPERIA 2014 aimed to introduce the participants Amorgos Island natural beauty and historic monuments but also to present different activities still active and perpetuated on the island. It is an opportunity to show the importance Amorgian people give to nature, live with it and try to preserve it.