9th Amorgos Tourism Film Festival
- To contribute to the development of domestic and foreign tourism.
- To disseminate and encourage the implementation of green practices in tourism, taking into account the need for social responsibility and sustainable development.
- Encourage the production of short films and develop a spirit of friendship and cooperation among producers from all over the world.
- The festival also aims to contribute to the exchange of views and experiences for the development of remote and disadvantaged areas and to promote Amorgos, the Cyclades, and Greece abroad. Short films are a good opportunity to showcase the cultural and environmental wealth of each region.
The participation and presentation of artists, producers and journalists from all over the world is growing year by year. With films, announcements, articles, photos and interviews that are published in foreign and domestic media each year, after the meeting in Amorgos, our sites are being promoted, and they help the increase of the visitation of land, not simply for tourist but also for professional and creative reasons. Greece and its islands become a place of inspiration and attraction for new creations.
Amorgos Tourism Film Festival accepts films for the two Competitive Sections:
TOURFILM Section: For films related with Tourism Communication and Promotion. This section has two competitions: National and International:
- National Competition: Amorgos Tourism Film Festival presents the National Awards for The Best Greek Tourism Films & Videos. This competition is open to all Greek companies, nonprofit institutions, Municipalities, National, Regional and Local Tourism Organizations, Advertising agencies, independent filmmakers, etc. who have a film related with Greek destinations and Tourism products.
That competition is also open for foreign producers or filmmakers that have films related to Greece.
- International Competition: Is a WorldWide competition for Tourism and Travel Films and Videos.
DOC Section: Dedicated to the Documentaries and TV Programs related to thematics that induced Tourism or Tourism Products.
Each Competitive Section has different thematic categories. Choose the Best according the objectives of your Film or DOC.
Thematic Categories Accepted:
- TOURFILM Section:
- Tourism Destinations (city, region, country)
- Sports Tourism
- Events, Fairs and Congress
- Nature and Rural Tourism
- Religious Tourism & Pilgrimage
- Cultural Tourism
- Adventure Tourism
- Hotels and Resorts
- Gastronomic Tourism
- DOC Section:
- Sports & Recreation
- Environment & Ecology
- Ethnography & Society
- History & Heritage
- Gastronomy & Enotourism
- Adventure, Expeditions & Travelling
- Nature & Wildlife
- Arts, Music & Culture
- Sustainable and Responsible Tourism