Call for participation – 2015
We are now accepting submissions to participate to YPERIA 2015. Click here to make your submission.
The Convention will be held from October 21st to 26th, 2015, in Aegiali, Amorgos Island, Greece.
The Cultural Association of Tholaria, Amorgos and Aegialis Hotel & Spa are pleased to organize, for the 13th consecutive year, the YPERIA International Convention of Sustainable Tourism, for Preservation and Protection of the Natural and Cultural Heritage of Amorgos.
The Convention aims to promote the natural beauty and culture of Amorgos, foster an exchange of ideas on cultural heritage preservation, as well as present and promote current projects on the island of Amorgos. In this respect, we would like to invite you to attend and participate in the Convention.
The main scope of discussion will be “Amorgos: Trails From The Past To The Future. Socio-economic, cultural and environmental prospects” with the following topics:
- Hiking the Amorgian Trail Network: benefits of the most inexpensive investment in tourism
- Accessible tourism for all
- Natura network areas: Legislative framework
- Chozoviotissa Monastery of Amorgos, in process of inclusion in UNESCO’s World Heritage List
- Terraces for farming: an indispensable element of the Aegean island landscape
- Medical tourism: marketing and prospects of an internationally developing special form of tourism
- Velanidia Foundation. Learn from the past to create prospects for the future to foster the ecosystem of the island
- Universal design for Tourism Infrastructure
The 6th International Short Tourism Film Festival of Amorgos will take place during YPERIA 2015.
Distinguished guests from around the world invited at the event, journalists, tourism professionals and producers, are kindly requested to contribute to the promotion of Amorgos and the projects discussed during the Convention, through newspaper or magazine articles, films or documentaries.
The Convention will be held in English. Accommodation, food and tours on Amorgos are offered by the organizers. There is a nominal fee of 50€ per person for taxes applied.
Departure from Piraeus port, Athens by Blue Star Ferry to Aegiali port, Amorgos: Wed., October 21st at 17:30.
Departure by Blue Star Ferry from Katapola port, Amorgos to Piraeus port: Mon., October 26th at 06:00.
The participation form should be submitted no later than July 1st, 2015 via e-mail or fax.
Please also indicate if you would like us to book your ferry ticket and benefit from a 30% discount.
For any additional information, please contact us by calling at (+30) 22850 73393 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
President of the Cultural Association